Process of Download and Installation of HP Printer Drivers
How to download HP Printer Drivers?
The first step in the process of installation of HP Printer Drivers is to Download it. Downloading the Driver software is a very simple task, you need not follow any complex procedure. Just abide by the following steps.
- To begin with the process you have to turn on your computer system. Go to the web browser to launch it. This can be any web browser of your choice, like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. You just have to ensure that the browser you choose is of an updated version.
- Now, locate the address bar, which is generally at the top of your browser window. Here, type “123.hp.com” and press Enter. This will take you to the official site of HP Products.
- In the home page window that appears on your screen, look for a search bar. This search bar asks for your model number. Enter the model number of your HP Printer here.
- To find your Model number, look at the front side of your device.
- Once you have entered your model number correctly, click the “Search” button.
- Now, the “Install Printer Software” window appears on your screen. This window has a “Download” tab on it. Click this tab.
- As soon as you click the above, the process of the download of HP Printer Drivers will start. You can check the status of this process in the footer of your browser window.
With this, the process of Download of your HP Printer Drivers completes.
Further, you have to know that the process of installation of HP Printer Drivers varies on the operating system that you are using. We have a list of procedural steps that you can follow. The steps for Windows and Mac users are listed separately. Read them and follow them as per your operating system.
How to Install Drivers for Windows?
Once you have successfully downloaded the HP Printer Drivers, proceed to its installation. The process of installation of HP Printer Drivers for Windows users is given below.
- To start with, Go to the download folder in your web browser. Use the shortcut, “Ctrl + J” for this.
- The next is to look for the software that you have just downloaded.
- Once you find it, double click on it to run the software.
- As soon as you will double click a “Security Warning” window will appear on your screen.
- This window contains a “Run” icon, click on it.
- The next pop-up window on your screen is the “User Account Control” window. The window requests your permission to initiate certain changes that are essential for the process. In order to allow such changes, click on the “Yes” icon.
- As a result, you are directed to the main screen of the software.
- Here, you have to click on the “Continue” icon, which is at the bottom of this screen.
- Thereafter, you will be taken to the “Software Selection” window. In this window, you have to select your preferred software. For this, click on the Customize Software Selection tab.
- Click on the “Next” button, which is at the bottom of the window.
- Tick the Checkboxes given there, if you agree with these terms. After that click the “Continue” icon.
- With this. the actual process of the installation starts. This takes some time, so hold on and allow the process to complete.
- After the completion of the process, you get notified by a new pop-up window. Here, you have to click on the “Next” icon that you will find at the bottom of the screen.
- You are prompted to specify your mode of connection. In this window you have to select the mode you will use to connect your PC or Laptop to your HP Printer.
- This type of connection generally has two options i.e., Wireless Connection or the USB Connection mode.
- Now to proceed you have to connect your PC or Laptop to your HP Printer. Either of the ways can be opted to connect your device, Wireless, and Wired.
- If your printer is Wi-Fi enabled. Then, Turn on the Wi-Fi connectivity of both your printer and your PC or Laptop whichever we choose. Now, connect your devices.
- Otherwise, you can use the USB connection port of your printer. For this, connect one end of this port to your HP Printer and the other end to your PC or Laptop.
- After establishing the connection, you will see a window prompting the “Continue” tab. Click on it.
This completes the process of HP Printer Drivers Installation for Windows. You can now start using your HP Printer and create Prints as per your convenience.
How to Install Drivers for Mac?
Once the download of HP Printer Drivers is complete, read the following steps. For your Apple device having Mac as Operating System, follow the procedure for Installation of HP Printer Drivers.
- First and foremost, go to the Finder Bar that is on the left-hand side of your screen.
- After that, type “Download” to search for the Download Folder, here and press enter.
- As soon as the Downloads folder appears, locate the setup file that you have just downloaded.
- After that, double click on this file and it will show a pop-up box that verifies that the software is compatible with installation or not.
- Thereafter, find the “Continue” button and click on it.
- Consequently, you will now be directed to a new window. This window contains all the terms and conditions regarding the End User License Agreement, Information Collected During the Setup Process, Product Improvement Data Collection.
- Carefully go through them.
- Each document has its own checkbox, in case you agree of that particular term, tick the checkbox against it.
- Thereafter, click on the “Continue” icon.
- Then select the apt connection option. In the next window, you have to select the mode you will use to connect your PC or Laptop to your HP Printer.
- Generally, there are two options i.e., Wireless Connection or the USB Connection mode.
- The next step in this process is to connect your PC or Laptop to your HP Printer. You can choose either of the ways to connect your device, Wireless, and Wired.
- Alternatively, if your printer is Wi-Fi enabled. Then, Turn on the Wi-Fi connectivity of both your printer and your PC or Laptop whichever we choose. Now, connect your devices.
- Now, the actual HP Printer Drivers installation process will start. This again might take some time. It is a suggestion that you must not close the window or turn off your system during this process.
- Finally, to complete the process you need to enter your Mac Credentials. After entering your Username and password correctly, you have to click on the Install Software button.
- Thereafter the software will be installed, now the “Add Printer” window prompts on your screen.
- Here, choose your printer from the list and thereafter, click on the Add button.
- In the next step, the Print Test window will appear. To start the test, click on the Print Test Page tab. Load your printer with plain A-4 size paper. If you do not want to run the test, click on the Skip button.
- In the end, click on the Close button and this completes the HP Printer Drivers Installation.
With this, the process of Download and Installation of HP Printer Drivers completes. You can now easily use your device.